New Menu at Mansion Restaurant
The intimate historic plantation dining room offers upscale dishes with a true southern influence.
South Boston, Va. — The Mansion Restaurant at Berry Hill Resort announced today the launch of the new upscale dining menu. The new menu is inspired by the resort heritage and southern tradition.
The menu expands the offerings by giving dinners the option to select their proteins, sauces and sides or go in a traditional route.
“We are so happy to add new items to our menu, each made from scratch in our kitchen, every day,” says Steven Ouellette, general manager. “Our Taylor Hospitality culinary team has pushed the envelope on the traditional offerings and added more upscale options so we can fulfill the expectations of a special night out.”
The Mansion Restaurant’s entire line up of dishes include:
- Southern Caesar Salad – Fresh romaine, garlic croutons, and shaved parmesan in a classic housemade Caesar dressing.
- Berry Arugula – Fresh strawberries, red onion, goat cheese and candied walnuts on arugula with a strawberry poppy seed vinaigrette.
- The Wedge – Artisan romaine, crumbled blue cheese, grape tomatoes, crispy bacon, red onion, and cucumber with a house-made blue cheese dressing.
- Brunswick Stew – A traditional take on the classic stew made with chicken, tomato, corn, and butter beans.
- Tabasco Shrimp – Golden brown shrimp drizzled in Tabasco aioli.
- Housemade Pimento Spread – The kitchen’s housemade pimento cheese with buttermilk crackers.
- Chicken Pot Pie – Succulent Chicken braised with root vegetables in a creamy chicken velouté. Topped with a golden brown puffed pastry.
- Meatloaf – Made with ground pork, beef, and veal. Then finished with our spiced apple butter and root beer glaze.
- Roasted Mushroom Pasta – A blend of exotic mushrooms cooked in a goat cheese and garlic herb cream. Served over linguine.
- Pan Seared Scallops – Fresh seared scallops served over stone ground cheddar grits glazed in a Balsamic drizzle.
- Local Burger – Locally-grown beef, lettuce, tomato and red onion on Ciabatta
- Pork Chop – grilled or Maple and Bourbon glazed. Served with your choice of side.
- Beef Tenderloin – grilled or sauteed. Served with your choice of sauce and side.
- Ribeye – grilled to your liking. Served with your choice of sauce and side.
- Grilled Chicken – Served with your choice of sauce and side.
- Catfish – Sauteed to perfection. Served with your choice of sauce and side.
- Fish – Sauteed to perfection. Served with your choice of sauce and side.
- Sides – Truffle Mac and Cheese, Roasted Seasonal Vegetables, Fingerling Potatoes
- Housemade Sauces – Red wine au Jus, Mushroom and Marsala Jus, Warm Apple Bacon Vinaigrette, Blue Cheese Butter, Tabasco Lemon Butter
For more information or to book a reservation, please call the resort at 434-517-7000.
The Berry Hill Resort & Conference Center, Virginia’s premier wedding venue, resort and conference center, is nestled amongst a tree-lined forest covering 650 acres in the heart of historic South Boston, Virginia. This former antebellum plantation estate and (now) National Historic Landmark welcomed its first guests to the beautiful Virginia countryside in 1728.
About Taylor Hospitality
Taylor Hospitality, LLC is a leading hospitality management company specializing in hotel, restaurant, banquet facilities, and bar operations. Currently, Taylor Hospitality is operating a combination of nine properties (hotels, restaurants, banquet facilities, and bars). Taylor Hospitality is a growth-oriented company providing opportunities for its partner properties and associates. Taylor Hospitality is an Up to Par Management company.
More information about Taylor Hospitality, its services, and portfolio of clients, can be found at taylorhospitality.com